Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on July, 24, 2021
Granite is an igneous rock which is mainly made up of quartz and feldspar. Besides these it also contains some other minerals like potassium, mica, amphiboles and others. Granite is cut in form of slabs and then used as per the needs of the user.
Dimensions of Granite slabs:
Usually cut from a large block of granite and then transformed into thick sheets. These sheets are found in measures of 1.8 cm, 2 cm and 3cm. The size of each sheet depends upon the size of the block it has been cut from. A larger block will more probably produce more number of granite slabs as compared to a smaller one. A granite slab can be of three common types. They are given as follows:
• Big cutter slab: Multiblade big cutters are used to cut big cutter slabs. The size of such a slab can be upto 130cm in height and 220 to 330 cm in length.
• Small cutter slabs: Small cutter slabs are often referred as the most popular size among slabs. It is mostly recommended for making very good kitchen countertops. A small multi -blade machine is used for making this type of slab. The sizes of these slabs range between 65 to 100 cms in height and 180 to 330 cms in length.
• Gangsaw size slab: Multi blade Gangsaw machines or multi-wire gang saw machines help in procuring theses kind of slabs. The thickness of a Gangsaw size slab usually ranges between 2 cm and 3cm.
The different sizes of granite slabs have different markets present for them. The prices of the slabs depend on their sizes. A bigger slab is more likely to cost more than a smaller one. In some markets the bigger Granite slabs are preferred than others and vice-versa.The usage of a granite slab depends on it’s thickness. For example in case of kitchen countertops the thickness ranges between 1 to ¼ inch or 3cm and for bathroom vanity tops it is of 3/4 inch or 2 cm. An International Organization for Standardization or ISO certified granite slab supplier of Indiais always a priority in case of Business to business or B2B transactions which often includes big dealings of granite slab products. Besides there are many enterprises which want customised sizes for the slabs. Customised slabs are also available in different colours like black, red,green ,white,yellow ,pink, brown and gold. These colours are amongst the most popular options for the gangsaw and cutter stone.
Granite slabs classified on basis of their weights are as follows:
• Thinner slabs: These weigh approximately less than thirteen pounds per square foot.
• Thicker slabs: Weight of these slabs range between nineteen to twenty pounds per square foot approximately.
Granite being one of the toughest substances in the world has been used silence decades. Apart from its general uses like building monuments, they have several other uses as well.
• Jewellery made from Granite: Granite is often used to make exquisite pieces of jewellery. Some rare granite are also used as gemstones as they often add up a tint to them.
• Monuments made of granite: A number of monuments which have lasted for over decades have been made of the granite stone.
• Kitchen tops, bathroom: Granite adds an extremely elegant look when used for kitchen tops, shelves, bathrooms and more. It also has a water resistant and easy to maintain nature making it a suitable option for households
This entry was posted on July, 24, 2021 at 12 : 02 pm and is filed under Granite Slab. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.